Section Menu

Crummer Graduate School

Frequently Asked Questions

Find answers to all your questions about financial aid for graduate business degrees at Rollins College.

About 70 percent of Rollins students get some type of aid through a combination of loans, scholarships, and outside resources.

Students may apply for the following federal loan programs:

Up to $20,500 in Direct Unsubsidized Loan
Students can get up to $20,500 per academic year for their education through Direct Unsubsidized loans.

  • Interest on the loan begins when classes begin and can be paid during the school term or can be deferred until repayment is required.
  • The Direct loan program is not based on credit or income.
  • You must have either completed a bachelor’s degree program or completed at least 90 credit hours toward an undergraduate degree while enrolled in a graduate program.

Additional Funds Available in Federal PLUS Loan for Graduate/Professional Students
The Federal Graduate PLUS loan can be used in addition to the Direct Unsubsidized Loan:

  • The Federal Graduate PLUS loan is credit-based.
  • Funds can be used for tuition, books and living expenses, up to the cost of attendance for your program.

Loans provided by the U.S. Department of Education are generally deferred, as long as you are enrolled at least half time. Payback starts six months after you graduate, separate from Rollins, or drop below half time (4 1/2 credit hours).

  • Rollins College has increased its merit-based scholarship budget for full-time MBA students. Please contact Crummer directly for information on scholarship programs.
  • Rollins College is also participating in the Post-9/11 GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program, which means that eligible veterans or qualifying dependents will have their tuition and fees paid in full through a combination of veteran benefits and Rollins College grants. Eligible veterans will receive an annual book stipend and monthly housing stipend from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.
  • Some students take advantage of employer reimbursement programs. Contact your employer to see if you are eligible for this program.
  • Graduate Assistantships and housing stipends may be available as well. Contact the Admission Office at 407-646-2405 for details.

You are notified of your financial aid offer after you have been admitted, completed a FAFSA, and submitted any other requested documentation. Please be aware that the Financial Aid Office may use electronic means to communicate with you, including sending your Financial Aid Offer via email. It is your responsibility to keep your Rollins e-mail address current and to read messages that are sent. It is also important that you keep your mailing address and phone number current with records' officials.

International students are eligible for all merit-based scholarship programs available at Rollins. Please contact the Office of Admission at 407-646-2405 for further information. International students may also apply for private, outside student loans if a credit-worthy U.S. citizen is a co-signer to the loan.

When a financial aid recipient withdraws from a semester or unofficially withdraws by ceasing to attend classes, federal regulation requires a Return of Title IV Aid (R2T4) calculation to determine if any federal Title IV aid must be repaid. At Rollins, Federal Title IV aid includes Direct Loans and Grad PLUS loans.

The amount of federal Title IV aid to be repaid is calculated based on the percentage of time completed within a semester, which involves calculating the amount of Title IV aid earned by the student, and the amount of institutional charges for that semester. Please contact us at prior to withdrawing in order to determine the impact on your financial aid.

When unearned federal Title IV funds are repaid, they are returned by the program and up to the disbursed amount for each program. Unearned federal Title IV aid will result in a reduction to each aid program in the following order: Unsubsidized Direct Loan then Grad PLUS.

You will be notified by mail no later than 45 days after the determination that you withdrew during the semester. Your notification will provide detailed information on the aid programs which were repaid. If the notification includes eligibility for a post-withdrawal disbursement, you will have fourteen days to respond to accept or decline the award. The return of these funds typically results in additional charges to your student account that is the student's responsibility to pay.

Withdrawing from the semester may impact future eligibility for federal, state, and institutional financial aid. See the section on Satisfactory Academic Progress for specific information