Section Menu


Operations FAQs

What parking is available for students this year? 
Between the SunTrust and Rollins parking garages, we now have ample space to accommodate residential and commuter students. A decal is required and can be obtained on the Campus Safety website under the parking tab. 

Will the Alfond Sports Center be open for recreational use?
Yes, starting Monday, August 16, the Alfond Sports Center, including Daryl’s Fitness Center, will once again be open for recreational use by Rollins community members.

What is required in the Alfond Sports Center?
Athletics follows the College’s policies, so masks are required indoors at all times at the Alfond Sports Center. In addition, all visitors are required to present their #CampusClear app to the front desk upon entering Alfond Sports Center.

Are reservations necessary to use Daryl’s Fitness Center?
Reservations are no longer required, however, there will be a maximum capacity of 25 users. Please clean all equipment before and after use with wipes provided.

Will The Anchor Club (in Lakeside Neighborhood) be open for use?
The Anchor Club will be open. Similar to Daryl’s, there is limited capacity. Please clean all equipment before and after use with wipes provided.

Will locker rooms be open at the Alfond Sports Center?
Locker rooms inside the Alfond Sports Center will be limited to a four (4) person maximum. Lockers are only available for daily use.

Is equipment, like basketballs, towels, TRX straps, etc. available for rent?
We are not renting out equipment at this time but will re-evaluate this policy on October 1.

What intramurals or club sports are being offered?
For information on intramurals and club sports, please reference this site or email

How does Dining provide accommodations for students with dietary restrictions?
Dining will offer both grab-and-go and dine-in options. Gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian options are offered. As always, contact for questions or concerns.

Can meals from Skillman Dining Hall be delivered to residential halls?
Meals cannot be delivered at this time. However, we are offering online ordering for meals from Dave’s Boathouse and the C-Store to residential buildings. Students will meet the Dining staff at the entrance to their residence hall. We are also offering the option of the “Blue and Gold Apron” program, in which students are able to preorder their meals for a week. These options are fully cooked and ready to reheat.

Where can I find information on the Dining programs?
Please visit the Rollins Dining website.

How do Sutton and Lakeside students order groceries if they're not on a meal plan? How does that get charged?
The C-Store online ordering website accepts Dining Dollars and credit card payments. Deliveries will be made daily.

Is Dave’s Boathouse open?
Dave’s Boathouse is open for regular hours for lunch and dinner. offering dine-in options as well as delivery via the app.

Are students be required to physically distance in Skillman Dining Hall?
Dining locations are set up according to the CDC recommended guidelines for physical distancing and some seating arrangements may have Plexiglass barriers to aid in this endeavor. Additional seating locations for outside dining will be made available, including Swindle Patio and at tables in front of the Cornell Campus Center.

What are the dining options at Lakeside Neighborhood’s Fox Lodge?
At this time, all stations at the Fox Lodge are open; with some offering self-service. Masks are required except when eating.

Is the Cornell Campus Center open for all of the campus community, or just students?
While we are back at full capacity, we ask that students are the priority for seating in the dining hall during peak hours, especially during 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. At this time, we ask that faculty and staff limit eating at these locations during the lunch rush.

Where can I eat indoors on campus?
We have three indoor, seated, dining facilities: Skillman Dining Hall, Dave’s Boathouse at the Campus Center, and the Fox Lodge at Lakeside.

Can I use my R-Card and TarBUC$ at the Fox Lodge?
Yes. TarBUC$ and Dining Dollars can be used at the Fox Lodge.

Is delivery and pick-up service available?
Yes, delivery and pickup service is available through a mobile app.

Will Family Weekend be held in November?
Yes! We are offering a virtual family weekend experience November 4-7. Families are always welcome on our campus, so be sure to visit! Visit the Family Weekend website for a  schedule of events and more information.

Will Thanksgiving break and other breaks be allowed for students?
At this time, we are still scheduled to have the breaks listed in our academic calendar.

How many people can be at an indoor event?
The maximum number of participants at indoor campus events is 50, wearing masks at all times. The exception is if you are eating in Skillman Dining Hall, Dave’s Boathouse, or the Fox Lodge, or attending an indoor athletic event. If events are catered, dining (eating and drinking without masks) must take place outdoors. For more information on events, please visit the Scheduling & Events Services site.

Facilities Services & Housekeeping 

Has Rollins increased its cleaning procedures and safety measures?
While our dedicated Facilities Services team is practicing enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout campus, especially as it relates to deep cleaning of commonly used spaces, we must all do our part to help keep the campus safe. We are asking that, in addition to scheduled cleaning, everyone regularly disinfect their own spaces. Cleaning and disinfection are shared responsibilities among our campus community.

We launched our campus-wide Wellness Campaign “Keeping Tars Safe” in June 2020. Signage, including distancing markers and directional signs, has been installed on campus. We have deployed hand-sanitizer dispensers across campus in high-traffic areas and have installed plexiglass shields and barriers in high-traffic areas and public spaces where physical distancing is not possible.

What is the process for IT Help Desk support?
IT Help Desk service will be available for virtual and in-person support Sunday – Thursday from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. and Friday – Saturday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. To make sure we are prepared to assist you, we encourage you to call the help desk before coming in, and wear a mask during the exchange. We are also using campus lockers for no-contact equipment pick-up and drop-off. For IT assistance, continue to call 407-628-6363 or email All support will be provided in accordance with the College’s safety protocols.

Is the Olin Library open for use?
Yes, the library is open, with no overnight access. Olin Library has developed a physical distancing and capacity plan as well as adding outside, no-contact lockers for delivering both IT and library-related materials. Entry to the library requires an R-Card.

Is eating or drinking allowed in Olin Library?
Due to the mask policy, drinking is permitted (with a mask), but eating is not allowed until conditions improve. When they do, Dining Services will offer free delivery of food and drinks to Olin, the only spot on campus. The Bookmark Cafe has been consolidated into the enhanced dining options at the Fox Lodge. This space in the library is being used as a meeting and study space.

Is the Tutoring & Writing Center available?
Yes. The Tutoring & Writing Center will offer virtual, synchronous appointments and limited in-person appointments in Olin Library. Students can use EAB Navigate to schedule an appointment. If you do not have access to this platform, email Mistie Watkins to get set up with a login or email your graduate tutors directly to make an appointment. For more information, visit the Virtual Tutoring page. Tutors will not offer email consultations or other forms of asynchronous feedback. If a student cannot find an appointment time, they can request an appointment in EAB Navigate.